Episode 29: Six Things I Wish I'd Known When Starting My Business
Things are spicing up at Kellee Wynne Studios and exciting announcements are around the corner but for this episode, Kellee is sharing six things she wishes she'd known when starting her business. They're all interrelated but she's broken it down and has given you actionable steps you can implement in your business so that you can move things along a little faster. Whether you're just starting out in your business or you've been at it for a while, grab a pen and paper and get ready.
Here’s a glance at this episode;
- 04:37 Build your house on your own soil and take control of how you're able to access your audience. Build your email list so you are not at the mercy of social media platforms. The biggest takeaway here - 'have a list worth being on'. Make sure you're always giving value. Also 'on your own soil' is your website. Capitalise on SEO and make sure it's working for you.
- 09:17 Diversify, don't focus too much on one thing. With the changes now happening, Kellee wishes she hadn't focused so much on Instagram and that she'd shared her attention elsewhere. For artists especially, she suggests looking at YouTube and Pinterest (as well as social media) because these are search engines and your content will live longer and have a wider reach.
- 14:11 Track your data. Do this so you can track patterns and trends in your business and use it to make strategic decisions for launches and promotions. 'Track the data so you can change the outcome'
- 17:25 Systems, systems, systems! Create systems and choose your platforms. Map your processes and document them by creating SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) so that when you're ready to hire people to support you, and they can use the SOPs to deliver the work the way you'd like it done.
- 21:12 Hire the help you need - When you're in the right place in your business, hiring actually helps you make money because if you're no longer busy with the tedious tasks, you'll have the energy to do the work that matters, the work that only you can do.
- 26:00 Money Mindset - Work on this actively because the way you think about your business and the way you think about money will either propel you forward to make plenty more and to be successful, or it will hold you back because you're putting out the wrong energy.
Links & resources and tools mentioned;
Episode 25 - Secrets From Working in a Gallery
Episode 26 - How One Radical Idea Radically shifted My Art Business
Episode 27 - Why I Don't Sell My Artwork
See the video version of this episode on https://www.youtube.com/c/KelleeWynneStudios
If you haven’t downloaded it yet the free guide of 100 Ways to Make Money as an Artist Without Selling Your Art is available on www.Kelleewynnestudios.com/100. Once you’ve gotten through the download, come tell us what you have on your own list and how the episode inspired you to think outside of the box. If you’re excited about building a successful business around your passion, be sure to hit subscribe and be inspired every week. For more information about what Kellee is doing, visit her website on www.kelleewynnestudios.com and you can only follow her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/kelleewynnestudios.
Please take a moment to Rate and Review the podcast
The easiest way to do that is via Apple Podcasts
This helps me support more people in creating lives full of art, intention and purpose.
Click here, find where it says Ratings and Reviews and give us a 5 star and if you're feeling generous, we'd love it if you left us a review, telling us what you love the show! Thank you for your support!
Other ways to access the episode
Visit our YouTube Chanel, Kellee Wynne Studios for the video of this podcast and other trainings and recordings
Click here for the transcript